Vaping burned a gap in my lung

A DAD ended up in hospital with a gap burnt via his lung after his e-cig spat scorching nicotine liquid down his throat.

Richard Courtney’s £one hundred gadget was meant to show the fluid into vapour however a fault left him hooked as much as a ventilator.

The 33-yr-previous stated: “I began vaping to attempt to surrender after sixteen years of smoking. I can’t consider it put me in hospital.”

Richard was strolling house from a mate’s home when he tasted fluid and began coughing.

He stated: “Then it felt like I’d obtained a trapped nerve in my shoulder. Within the morning I had a very tight chest and couldn’t breathe correctly.

“I went to hospital. One of many nurses there put my vape on an oxygen tube and confirmed that it was spitting liquid out.”

Richard, from Horley, Surrey, was informed his proper lung was working at simply 25 per cent capability.

He was stored in in a single day on the Acute Medical Unit of East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, and discharged with an inhaler.

However 5 days later his chest tightened up once more and he spent one other night time in hospital.

03_21020948_9ec1f6_2531717a

He returned to work as a coach for an insurance coverage agency on Monday.

Richard, who has two sons and a daughter, stated: “I need to hand over utterly however in the intervening time I’m simply having the odd roll-up. I’m such an addict I can’t simply go chilly turkey even after what occurred.”

KangerTech, the Chinese language maker of his e-cig, didn’t reply to The Solar’s requests for remark.

02_21020948_a0ab96_2531715a

Related Posts

About The Author

4 Comments

  1. Mickey
    May 19, 2016
  2. Randy Laurendeau
    August 13, 2016
  3. Wynona Dufrain
    August 15, 2016
  4. Salome Kinzinger
    August 16, 2016

Add Comment